Re: [opensuse-packaging] Is there a way to debug exceptions occurring in the %check section in OBS?

El 14-05-2018 a las 6:54, Johannes Weberhofer escribió:
Dear all!

I have a project where a single test fails with "free(): invalid pointer" running the tests but only in a specific architecture and a specific software environmelnt.

I see how that I can use gdb and coredumpctl to debug but I don't see the failing lines. I get:

(gdb) bt
#0  0xf6fbfec9 in ?? ()
#1  0x00000000 in ?? ()

which isn't enough to see where it fails.

Is there a way that allows me to debug that problem directly within obs?

Best regards

so..

a) adjust your .oscrc extra-pkgs= to include the packages you need for debugging.

b) use the --debuginfo flag when osc build

c) unfortunately osc build does not have a --install-debug flag that will otherwise become handy for this task.. so.. find out what debuginfo packages are needed and pass them to osc build --extra-pkgs i.e --extra-pkgs="glibc-debuginfo foobar-debuginfo"

d) when the build fails.. osc chroot and have fun finding out what's wrong with gdb.