Re: [opensuse-packaging] Python package tries to download dependencies during build
On 05/07/2018 11:24 AM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
Not really. If I spend several hours now to make a small dependency package
perfect under every aspect of the packaging guidelines instead of continuing
with the packages we actually need for the Public Cloud Team, my colleagues
won't be particularly happy.

You in turn will shout at the review team doings it job by pointing out
things that are wrong when compared to the packaging guidelines -

I've never done that. I usually always make all the changes requested
by the review team.

making neither you nor the review team happy - and as a direct
consequence your colleagues will also not be happy. What do you gain?

What do I gain when I invest hours in making a small Python package
(I'm not talking about the kernel or any toolchain package) when
this isn't my main task I am being paid for?

Adrian