Re: [opensuse-packaging] Python package tries to download dependencies during build
On Mon, 2018-05-07 at 11:21 +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 05/07/2018 11:16 AM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
That's probably the weirdest argument I ever heard. If your package FOO
depends on BAR, you better have BAR in good shape or FOO will be broken
too.

Not really. If I spend several hours now to make a small dependency package
perfect under every aspect of the packaging guidelines instead of continuing
with the packages we actually need for the Public Cloud Team, my colleagues
won't be particularly happy.

You in turn will shout at the review team doings it job by pointing out
things that are wrong when compared to the packaging guidelines -
making neither you nor the review team happy - and as a direct
consequence your colleagues will also not be happy. What do you gain?

Cheers
Dominique
< Previous Next >