Re: [opensuse-packaging] Python package tries to download dependencies during build
  • From: Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 21:59:08 +0200
Hi,

Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2018, 17:18:23 CEST schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
On 05/04/2018 05:16 PM, Thomas Schraitle wrote:
Not sure if this is the problem, but I guess it's checking a test suite
through tox. Usually tox tries to build a virtual Python environment
and downloads all the requirements from PyPI.

Yes, it's using tox.

You can just directly run the test commands that are specified in the tox file,
at least that's how I would do it. As you are packaging you don't have to test
the Python distribution mechanism (which is one feature of tox), and the
unified spec should take care of testing it on all Python versions (which is
the other feature of tox).

Kind Regards,
Matthias
--
Dr. Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

„Der einzige Weg, die Grenzen des Möglichen zu finden, ist ein klein wenig
über diese hinaus in das Unmögliche vorzustoßen.“ - Arthur C. Clarke
< Previous Next >