Re: [opensuse-packaging] nonspammy KDE builds?
On 12/12/2017 01:45 PM, Christian Boltz wrote:
The CSS for the OBS web interface has (simplified)
pre { white-space: pre-wrap; }
which is the reason for the line wraps.

If you don't want to have the line wraps, you can add a user stylesheet
to your browser, and add something like this to it:
pre#log_space { white-space: pre !important; }

You might want to make the selector more specific to avoid accidentional
matches on other pages, but the above should be good enough to get
started.

Needless to say that horicontal scrolling is a matter of taste, and
personally I prefer linebreaks in build logs over horicontal scrolling.
That's the good thing with a user stylesheet - you can adjust it for
your needs without annoying those who prefer the line-wrapped version.

Which again requires additional configuration and more work. The Debian
version works out of the box. Not everyone wants to deal with CSS or
knows any CSS, including me. I just want a version that displays nicely
in the browser and the raw log. Debian has that, OBS doesn't.

plus a link
to the raw log:

You mean, like the "Download logfile" link in OBS which delivers the log
as text/plain?

I mean the missing HTML-encapsulated version in OBS. Debian has both,
a version that renders nicely in the browser and the raw text version
which can be reached by clicking "text".

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?
pkg=gcc-7&arch=i386&ver=7.2.0-17&stamp=1512511504&raw=0

What Debian delivers is a HTML page with a big <pre> containing the
logfile. That's not as raw as what our "Download logfile" delivers ;-)
but since they use "white-space: pre;" and not "pre-wrap", it is closer
to your taste.

You did not click "text" in the Debian logs. This gives me the raw text
log:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=gcc-7&arch=ppc64&ver=7.2.0-17&stamp=1512495866&raw=1

Adrian