Re: [opensuse-packaging] nonspammy KDE builds?
Hello,

Am Dienstag, 12. Dezember 2017 schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
On 12/11/2017 11:10 PM, Michael Matz wrote:

Well, what do you want me to say? Yes, it looks suboptimal in the
browser. It would be nice if it would look nicer. Is anyone going
to implement non-line-wrapping in firefox? I doubt it. Is anyone
going to implement a non-raw mode for the build log URL like
debian? Perhaps, that would be nice. Is saying any of these
things giving a solution to the problem that works right now? No.
So why mention them?

This isn't an issue in Firefox. This is an issue with OBS which
doesn't offer a web-browser compatible log file. The Debian solution
works just fine. Offer an HTML-encapsulated log file for the browser

The CSS for the OBS web interface has (simplified)
pre { white-space: pre-wrap; }
which is the reason for the line wraps.

If you don't want to have the line wraps, you can add a user stylesheet
to your browser, and add something like this to it:
pre#log_space { white-space: pre !important; }

You might want to make the selector more specific to avoid accidentional
matches on other pages, but the above should be good enough to get
started.

Needless to say that horicontal scrolling is a matter of taste, and
personally I prefer linebreaks in build logs over horicontal scrolling.
That's the good thing with a user stylesheet - you can adjust it for
your needs without annoying those who prefer the line-wrapped version.

plus a link
to the raw log:

You mean, like the "Download logfile" link in OBS which delivers the log
as text/plain?

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?
pkg=gcc-7&arch=i386&ver=7.2.0-17&stamp=1512511504&raw=0

What Debian delivers is a HTML page with a big <pre> containing the
logfile. That's not as raw as what our "Download logfile" delivers ;-)
but since they use "white-space: pre;" and not "pre-wrap", it is closer
to your taste.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
[Re: Status of 2.2 release?]
Erm.. Christian tends to keep creating new 'blocker' tickets