Re: [opensuse-packaging] nonspammy KDE builds?
On 12/11/2017 11:10 PM, Michael Matz wrote:
To find a solution one needs to understand the source of the problem.
As your claim that OBS wraps lines isn't true and hence not the source of
it following that path of thought wouldn't have led to a solution. Indeed
you haven't proposed any.

Well, the proposal would be to offer both HTML-encapsuled logs as well
as raw logs.

Stating the real source of the problem I came to the only solution I can
imagine working currently: using a non-wrapping text viewer, i.e. not a
browser.

Which means users will have to download the log first, open a text editor,
then load the log file into it. Or they have to switch to the console
and use the OSC command to retrieve the log. In any case, they have to
switch away from the browser.

And my browser is using the default settings, Firefox 57 on openSUSE
Tumbleweed.

Well, what do you want me to say? Yes, it looks suboptimal in the
browser. It would be nice if it would look nicer. Is anyone going to
implement non-line-wrapping in firefox? I doubt it. Is anyone going to
implement a non-raw mode for the build log URL like debian? Perhaps, that
would be nice. Is saying any of these things giving a solution to the
problem that works right now? No. So why mention them?

This isn't an issue in Firefox. This is an issue with OBS which doesn't
offer a web-browser compatible log file. The Debian solution works just
fine. Offer an HTML-encapsulated log file for the browser plus a link
to the raw log:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=gcc-7&arch=i386&ver=7.2.0-17&stamp=1512511504&raw=0

As for patching Firefox, getting such patches upstreamed isn't trivial
as Mozilla is very nit-picky about accepting patches and it usually
takes a lot of discussion to get them to merge things.

Anyway, I think I'm out of the discussion. I think the original poster
has received enough suggestions now how to resolve his issue.

Adrian