Re: [opensuse-packaging] nonspammy KDE builds?
Hi,

On Mon, 11 Dec 2017, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

On 12/11/2017 02:47 PM, Michael Matz wrote:
Sure, because you compare apples and oranges. Debian delivers a HTML page
with the 'raw=0' you had in your URL. OBS always delivers a raw text
file. And that latter happens to be line wrapped in your browser (in mine
as well). Use 'raw=1' if you want to see how it's also line wrapped with
the debian logs in a browser.

Is this now about arguing who is right or this about solving the problem
that the original poster had?

To find a solution one needs to understand the source of the problem.
As your claim that OBS wraps lines isn't true and hence not the source of
it following that path of thought wouldn't have led to a solution. Indeed
you haven't proposed any.

Stating the real source of the problem I came to the only solution I can
imagine working currently: using a non-wrapping text viewer, i.e. not a
browser.

I mean, yes, you are 100% right but that doesn't change the fact that
the OBS logs are harder to read from the browser than Debian's build
logs and I think that's the problem that the original poster has.

And I didn't dispute any of this, did I? I offered the
browser-line-wrapping things as explanation (for why the proposed solution
is the only one that works right now), and elaborated only when you asked
back (at least I assumed it was an implicit question); like I'm
elaborating now on meta topics :)

And my browser is using the default settings, Firefox 57 on openSUSE
Tumbleweed.

Well, what do you want me to say? Yes, it looks suboptimal in the
browser. It would be nice if it would look nicer. Is anyone going to
implement non-line-wrapping in firefox? I doubt it. Is anyone going to
implement a non-raw mode for the build log URL like debian? Perhaps, that
would be nice. Is saying any of these things giving a solution to the
problem that works right now? No. So why mention them?

Ciao,
Michael.