Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packages enabling their systemd services at their own
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 17:21:08 +0100
V Mon, 11 Dec 2017 16:27:12 +0100
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar <dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> napsáno:

On Mon, 2017-12-11 at 16:14 +0100, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
Hi,

the official mechanismus to enable systemd services by default
during installation is, to use the systemd preset functionallty.

Unfortunately, some packages still enable their services at their
own by calling systemctl enable in the %post install section. This
will break in the future for fresh installations!

Without looking into the spec files for 'reasons', here the list of
affected packages:

find -maxdepth 2 -name '*.spec' -exec grep -l
"systemctl.*enable" {}
\;
./NetworkManager/NetworkManager.spec
./bluez/bluez.spec
./openSUSE-release-tools/openSUSE-release-tools.spec
./cups/cups.spec
./ipmiutil/ipmiutil.spec
./ooRexx/ooRexx.spec
./syslog-ng/syslog-ng.spec
./openvpn/openvpn.spec
./postgresql/postgresql.spec
./pullin-bcm43xx-firmware/pullin-bcm43xx-firmware.spec
./sendmail/sendmail.spec
./yast2-installation/yast2-installation.spec

regarding yast2-installation, it is in fact intentional as we have to
deal with upgrade scenario
https://github.com/yast/yast-installation/blob/master/package/yast2-installation.spec#L195
and we expect that systemd-presets. So from my POV it looks like we are
on safe side with installation.

Josef

./systemd/systemd-mini.spec
./systemd/systemd.spec
./rsyslog/rsyslog.spec
./wicked/wicked.spec
./spice-vdagent/spice-vdagent.spec
./storage-fixup/storage-fixup.spec
./syslogd/syslogd.spec
./sysvinit/powerd.spec
./connman/connman.spec

Please everybody find your package and adjust accordingly.

Cheers,
Dominique