[opensuse-packaging] Re: Mixed license problem
Jan Engelhardt-4 wrote
On Tuesday 2017-08-29 18:37, Luigi Baldoni wrote:

Upstream tells me they could relicense it under CC-BY-ND-4.0, with the
rest
of the code being GPL-3.0 or LGPL-3.0: were this the case, would Factory
accept it?

ND is no-derivative, which is, in a sense, against the free spirit to be
able to modify (and then reshare) the work.

I understand that, but are there hard rules in that regard?

By the way, I'm sure there are other packages (e.g. libreoffice) in which
the
official logo could not be altered and redistributes lest it diluted the
brand.
Although that's perhaps more of a trademark than a copyright concern...

Regards