Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Creating meta-packages for python2/3 from a single spec
On 21.8.2017 16:41, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 08/21/2017 03:46 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
(you might get interesting results with the commented out %files section as
well)

hope this helps

Definitely. Thanks a lot for the quick help!

Hmm. So, I have followed your advice and properly commented out %python_build
and
so on. While it now builds fine, it actually just generates the source RPM.

I thoroughly checked whether I missed something obvious but I couldn't find
anything. With the changes in the diff, I just get the source RPM.

You don't have any %files sections.
If you want a package, you need the appropriate %files section, even if they
are empty. Otherwise
the package is not generated. In this case, simply uncomment the "%files
%{python_files}" line.

(RPM only generates packages that have appropriate %files sections. This is
actually useful for
singlespec: you get packages called "python-azure-sdk", but the resulting spec
file doesn't have a
"%files" section for it, only "%files -n python3-azure-sdk" and "%files -n
python2-azure-sdk", so
you get python2 package, python3 package, but no python- package.)

regards
m.

Any ideas?

Adrian