[opensuse-packaging] Re: Creating meta-packages for python2/3 from a single spec
On 08/21/2017 03:44 PM, jan matejek wrote:
On 21.8.2017 15:38, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
That's odd. I basically took the current version of my package [1], commented
out the Source directives and the %python_build directives and it fails with:

rpm macros expand even in comments -- macros have higher priority than comments
%python_build expansions is multiline
so if you write #%python_build, you comment out its first line and get all the
rest

Ooooh. Very interesting. I was not expecting that but it perfectly makes sense
:).

you need to either delete the macro entirely, or escape it with an additional %
sign:
#%%python_build

Got it.

(you might get interesting results with the commented out %files section as
well)

hope this helps

Definitely. Thanks a lot for the quick help!

Adrian