[opensuse-packaging] Re: Creating meta-packages for python2/3 from a single spec

On 21.8.2017 15:38, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
That's odd. I basically took the current version of my package [1], commented
out the Source directives and the %python_build directives and it fails with:

rpm macros expand even in comments -- macros have higher priority than comments
%python_build expansions is multiline
so if you write #%python_build, you comment out its first line and get all the
rest

you need to either delete the macro entirely, or escape it with an additional %
sign:
#%%python_build

(you might get interesting results with the commented out %files section as
well)

hope this helps
m.

what error are you seeing? what you are trying to do looks valid and should
work with singlespec
as is.

[ 19s] + /usr/bin/python2 setup.py build '--executable=/usr/bin/python2 -s'
[ 19s] /usr/bin/python2: can't open file 'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such file
or directory
[ 19s] error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.f17BNP (%build)

I'm attaching a diff with the changes I made, then ran "osc build".

Adrian

[1]
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Cloud:Tools:azuresdkbreak/python-azure-sdk

< Previous Next >