[opensuse-packaging] Re: Creating meta-packages for python2/3 from a single spec
hello,

On 18.8.2017 17:11, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
I tried using this technique for the meta-package as well. However, that
didn't work
because python-rpm-macros expects a setup.py to be present which, of course,
I don't> have in an effectively empty package.

no, python-rpm-macros don't expect setup.py, they don't ever touch it unless
you use %python_build

what error are you seeing? what you are trying to do looks valid and should
work with singlespec
as is.

regards
m.