Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Python packages naming rules
On 08/18/2017 03:34 PM, jan matejek wrote:
Then there is the more specific naming policy for python packages which
says the package must be called "python-$pypiname". It does not mention
any exceptions (at least I haven't found any). In the above example the
pypi's name is "gogs-client" and results in
The issue with your request is the discrepancy in the package's PyPI
identifier. Upstream seems to
think the name should be "gogs_client", but uploaded as "gogs-client", except
the filename is still
"gogs_client".

Upstream sometimes does that, and PyPI does nothing to stop them.
Such is the world we live in.

As I wrote on the request, "_" and "-" are treated the same by PyPI
ecosystem. "pip install
gogs-client" and "pip install gogs_client" are identical. So IMHO using
"python-gogs-client" as the
package name is equally correct as "python-gogs_client".
If both names are valid (the name in eg. the URL and the name of the
archive), should the other name then be provided?

Sebastian

--
python programming - mail server - photo - video - https://sebix.at
cryptographic key at https://sebix.at/DC9B463B.asc and on public keyservers