Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Python packaging for Fedora/CentOS requires /usr/bin/python which doesn't exist

On 15/08/17 08:12, Simon Lees wrote:

On 15/08/17 06:20, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 12:20 PM, jan matejek <jmatejek@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9.8.2017 12:25, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a problem with packaging crmsh for RH distros on OBS: It
seems that the rpm packages end up requiring /usr/bin/python which does
not exist on those distributions:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/crmsh/issues/161

I can't see any direct requirement in the spec file which would do this
other than requiring python itself.

You get automatic requirements on shebang interpreters, i.e., what is
listed after "#!" at start of
your script.

We're actually moving away from using /usr/bin/python. Would it help if
you changed it to
/usr/bin/python2 ?

For what it's worth, we're moving away from /usr/bin/python in Fedora
as well. We recommend using /usr/bin/python2 or /usr/bin/python3 for
the version of python it should be used with.

Thank you, your recommendations seems to have put me on the right
track. I managed to clean up the binary requirements, but something
weird is happening when I change the shebang to /usr/bin/python2: The
rpm ends up still depending on /usr/bin/python. Could it be because
/usr/bin/python2 is a symlink to /usr/bin/python in the build
environment or something like that?

Cheers,
Kristoffer

Here on this tumbleweed machine /usr/bin/python is a symlink to python2.7

Sorry for my usless answer should have drank my coffee and read the
thread properly

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30