Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Python packaging for Fedora/CentOS requires /usr/bin/python which doesn't exist
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 12:22:18 -0400
On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 12:20 PM, jan matejek <jmatejek@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9.8.2017 12:25, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a problem with packaging crmsh for RH distros on OBS: It
seems that the rpm packages end up requiring /usr/bin/python which does
not exist on those distributions:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/crmsh/issues/161

I can't see any direct requirement in the spec file which would do this
other than requiring python itself.

You get automatic requirements on shebang interpreters, i.e., what is listed
after "#!" at start of
your script.

We're actually moving away from using /usr/bin/python. Would it help if you
changed it to
/usr/bin/python2 ?

For what it's worth, we're moving away from /usr/bin/python in Fedora
as well. We recommend using /usr/bin/python2 or /usr/bin/python3 for
the version of python it should be used with.