[opensuse-packaging] Python packaging for Fedora/CentOS requires /usr/bin/python which doesn't exist
  • From: kgronlund@xxxxxxxx (Kristoffer Grönlund)
  • Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2017 12:25:31 +0200
Hi,

I'm having a problem with packaging crmsh for RH distros on OBS: It
seems that the rpm packages end up requiring /usr/bin/python which does
not exist on those distributions:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/crmsh/issues/161

I can't see any direct requirement in the spec file which would do this
other than requiring python itself. I've looked at using the newer
python rpm macros for crmsh, but since it's a Makefile-based build with
some strange requirements, Python 2 only packaging a binary with extra
files etc., it's not straight-forward.

Any tips or help would be very much welcome :)

The packaging is here:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network:ha-clustering:Stable/crmsh

Cheers,
Kristoffer