Re: [opensuse-packaging] Update on patches upstream policy
Hello,

Am Montag, 7. August 2017, 11:58:07 CEST schrieb Kristýna Streitová:
I've just adjusted "Upstream policy" section [1] in our
it. However, the truth is that all patches that can be interesting to
upstream must *always* be sent to them. I hope that now the paragraph
is clearer regarding this topic.

Thanks!

Scrolling down a bit in the page, I noticed in the "Patch markup"
section [1]:

Features for openSUSE-specific things (AppArmor integration, for
instance) with no interest for upstream maintainers.

IMHO this is a bad example.

It's not really hard to make AppArmor profiles compatible with multiple
distributions, which also means the profiles can and should be upstreamed
(either to the upstream project or to AppArmor upstream).

Does someone know a better example to list as openSUSE-specific feature?
Otherwise (unless someone objects) I'll just remove AppArmor profiles as
example for openSUSE-only patches in a few days.

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1]
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Patches_guidelines#Patch_markup_.28also_called_.22Tagging_patches.22.29