Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: factory-auto says "Unknown tag: bad spec python-wheel.spec"
  • From: Jimmy Berry <jberry@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2017 09:17:55 -0500
On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 7:22:59 AM CDT jan matejek wrote:
hello,

On 30.7.2017 01:48, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
error: line 21: Unknown tag: bad spec python-wheel.spec

Perhaps line 20 where you have
%{!?license: %global license %doc}
it would be better to move it up.

not the cause here though.

The error message is bad and I'll change it in the next python-rpm-macros
update, but

What it means is that the rewriter can't find the spec file.
factory-auto is doing this thing again where they check spec files that are
NOT called %{name}.spec, or maybe they're in some unexpected path, I don't
know.

CC for Jim and Ludwig, to whom I talked about this last time.
Guys, please tell me what exactly your factory bot is doing with specs, so
that I can expect this and fix it in python-rpm-macros? Or where its code
lives, so that I can take a look for myself?

regards
m.

The parts of the bot in question are:

https://github.com/openSUSE/osc-plugin-factory/blob/master/check_source.py#L85
https://github.com/openSUSE/osc-plugin-factory/blob/master/source-checker.pl

I did some digging and it seems to choke on %{python_subpackages} during the
20-files-present-and-referenced validator. Interestingly it does not produce
the failure when run via `osc service localrun source_validator` as it
suggests. I filed an issue with the details:
https://github.com/openSUSE/obs-service-source_validator/issues/50

Seems to be something screwy related to the validator so it should likely be
resolved there, but let me know if not.

If you are interested in running the bot exactly as it does use the following.
./check_source.py --dry --debug --osc-debug id 512806

The call to the validator in question is in the .pl file.

--
Jimmy