[opensuse-packaging] python singlespec: iterating over all binaries
Hi,

As I needed a singlespec-conversion of python-requests-mock I tried to
do that. But this package uses "testrepository" for the checks. This
requires the python program to use in a configuration file. This is one
line of such a .testr.conf file:

test_command=python -m subunit.run discover requests_mock $LISTOPT
$IDOPTION

I can easily replace 'python' with e.g. 'python3' with sed:

sed -i 's/python/python3/' .testr.conf
testr init
testr run --parallel

It works, but it's not a nice solution and can break in the future. So
I'd somehow need to "iterate" over all available python-binaries.
Currently with python2 and python3 I can hardcode it.
Using %python_expand does not work here because it calls the interpreter
along with a lot of other commands, I'd just need the last line of that
macro. Looking a the macro definitions - without knowledge how they work
- I couldn't find out how I could extract that. Is there a good way to
that better?

Or if not - is it ok to leave it as it is? Here is the package:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:sebix:branches:devel:languages:python/python-requests-mock

Sebastian

--
python programming - mail server - photo - video - https://sebix.at