Re: [opensuse-packaging] no more nobody user on OBS?
On mercredi, 24 mai 2017 10.42:45 h CEST Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Mittwoch, 24. Mai 2017, 10:26:09 CEST wrote Thorsten Kukuk:
On Tue, May 23, Ruediger Meier wrote:
You forget about users or thirdparty software which is still using
nobody for whatever reason. IMO it makes no sense that openSUSE is the
only existing Linux distro which does not provide "nobody/nogroup

"nogroup" is a special SUSE hack not existing on most other Linux
distributions. It was an ugly workaround over 18 years ago for a typo in
/etc/group.

Else: why do you think that we do not provide "nobody"? It's still there
and installed by default, at least if you use patterns and don't create
your own, minimal system somehow else.

We will get bug reports for sure if we remove nobody. It doesn't hurt to
keep it as it.

Nobody ever spoke about removing nobody.

BTW "bin" and "daemon" are also missing.

No, they are there, too:
Requires: system-group-hardware
Recommends: system-group-trusted
Recommends: system-group-wheel
Recommends: system-user-bin
Recommends: system-user-daemon
Requires: system-user-nobody

Please, first check the code and complain only afterwards.

Recommends are not installed by default in build environement.
So they miss there by default

I also think to mitigate the changes having requires here in place of
recommends would help (in sense doesn't broke too much).

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch