Re: [opensuse-packaging] no more nobody user on OBS?
On Tuesday 23 May 2017, Oliver Kurz wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 May 2017 16:47:17 CEST Ruediger Meier wrote:
Hi,

seems that Tumbleweed and Factory has no more user "nobody" defined
in /etc/passwd. Is this wanted?

If I got it right there was a change to not create a bunch of unused
user accounts but make sure that packages that need specific users
specify that as a dependency which will create the user and group
accounts accordingly.

Hm, I think we should always add nobody. I haven't met any Linux system
yet without such a user.

cu,
Rudi