Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packaging naemon: Handling systemd-related stuff in %post
Hi Simon,

On 11.05.17 02:51 Simon Lees wrote:

My Question is if there is a 'openSUSE'-way of doing things like
that? Is there any 'best practice' to do that? Any do's and
dont's?

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Systemd_packaging_guidelines
covers most of the basics for packaging systemd things on openSUSE,
the macro's should take care of everything for you. Once you are
using them then "export DISABLE_RESTART_ON_UPDATE=yes" in the
%postun section will prevent that.

Thanks for the answer, I take that as a "yes" that the functionality
can be kept while getting the package to build on OBS and complying to
the rules/policies. ;-)

I'll dig into that and come back, if I encounter major issues.

Have a nice day everyone!

Johannes

< Previous Next >