Re: [opensuse-packaging] Non-blocking %check
Am 20.04.2017 um 16:18 schrieb Ruediger Meier:
On Thursday 20 April 2017, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Nevertheless, I think the seperate -testsuite packages are a proper
workaround for many cases. You can still see the results, and still
get build results soon.

No, you don't see *the* results. You can see *some* results of different
binaries which were built using a different build script (spec file),
different BuildRequires and probably on a different build host.

You're making wrong assumptions, those are individual packagers' faults.

To fix that we could add a subpackage providing the whole original build
directory and install this later (at QA time) to run the missing check
only.

Take a look at qemu-testsuite. I tackled that very issue by overriding
variables and/or symlinking the installed binaries into the build tree,
avoiding lengthy rebuilds and testing the very binaries the user gets.
Ugly, but it worked sufficiently.

Regards,
Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)