Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal: Update rpm configuration to fix issues and rationalize configuration

On 04/25/2017 02:27 PM, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Michael Matz schrieb:
On Mon, 24 Apr 2017, Neal Gompa wrote:

* Backport the --changes option from RPM git master to rpm 4.13. This
* Change the default binary package payload compression algorithm from
old-lzma to xz. Apparently, this change was supposed to have already
* Define %_sharedstatedir as /var/lib instead of /usr/com. The current

I think all of these are no brainers.

* Revert %_libexecdir to /usr/libexec.

I'd personally like this to happen, yeah. It's in line with the original
intent of libexec and lib, and that the FHS didn't recognize it was a
long
standing bug (IMHO, it certainly was a long-standing annoyance :) ).

What's wrong with /usr/lib/name/? IMO /usr/libexec is redundant.

Isn't $PREFIX/libexec the autoconf default? I've never understood why we don't use $LIBEXEC as expected.

cu,
Rudi