Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal: Update rpm configuration to fix issues and rationalize configuration
On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017, Neal Gompa wrote:

* Backport the --changes option from RPM git master to rpm 4.13. This
* Change the default binary package payload compression algorithm from
old-lzma to xz. Apparently, this change was supposed to have already
* Define %_sharedstatedir as /var/lib instead of /usr/com. The current

I think all of these are no brainers.

* Revert %_libexecdir to /usr/libexec.

I'd personally like this to happen, yeah. It's in line with the original
intent of libexec and lib, and that the FHS didn't recognize it was a long
standing bug (IMHO, it certainly was a long-standing annoyance :) ).
But it's a change that potentially causes quite some disruption, so do the
change in some staging project. If it should happen for SLE-next as well
(which I think would be a good thing) then it needs to happen soon.
Nevertheless it would be very nice to have this.

I can prepare an SR to Base:System and have it propagate through the
normal Factory merge process (that is, the devel->stage->factory
release scheme). I believe that should suffice to make sure everything
is changed correctly.