[opensuse-packaging] Package deletion notice: python-mvpa
  • From: Todd Rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 11:29:59 -0400
python-mvpa no longer builds for any openSUSE release, due to an
apparent incompatibility with recent versions of numpy. It seems this
package is unmaintained because it was replaced with python-pymvpa2.
However, python-pymvpa2 has a different module name (pyvmpa2 vs.
pyvmpa) so it will not work with packages that require python-mvpa.

I will submit python-pymvpa2 shortly.

However, if anyone has any need for python-mvpa (the old version),
please fix it. If I haven't received a fix or at least heard anyone
commit to doing a fix (and maintaining it longer-term) I will delete
the package in one week (on Monday, May 1).