Re: [opensuse-packaging] Non-blocking %check
Hi,

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017, Ruediger Meier wrote:

I agree that splitting off *testsuite is not the most critical thing.

However my concerns are not only about the *testsuite packages but
mainly about our general way how to optimize the build cycles. Look at
our util-linux package.

So, you have a problem with one specific package. I don't see how that's
related to build cycle length, the optimization of it or the %check
section.

It's almost impossible to understand these spec files and AFAIK no other
distro is building ul in a similar manner, completely different than
supposed by upstream and autotools inventors.

Hmm, don't really see what you mean, some things therein could also be
done by patch instead of in place editing, but otherwise it looks fairly
standard if a bit verbose.

Regarding reality problems. Here you see an accepted and forwarded
submit request where all the duplicated spec files are not in sync,
applying different patch-sets:

That's a bug, and it shouldn't have been accepted. Alex forgot to call
pre_checkin.sh which must be done for every package that contains one (and
is even hinted at in the very .spec file itself). That should probably be
automatically checked somehow.

Ciao,
Michael.