Re: [opensuse-packaging] Non-blocking %check
On 04/20/2017 04:18 PM, Ruediger Meier wrote:
No, you don't see *the* results. You can see *some* results of different
binaries which were built using a different build script (spec file),
different BuildRequires and probably on a different build host.

The additional BuildRequires for the coreutils-testsuite are only used
for %check, but don't lead to a different build result:

%if "%{name}" == "coreutils-testsuite"
BuildRequires: acl
BuildRequires: gdb
BuildRequires: perl-Expect
BuildRequires: python-pyinotify
BuildRequires: strace
BuildRequires: timezone
%ifarch %ix86 x86_64 ppc ppc64 s390x armv7l armv7hl
BuildRequires: valgrind
%endif
%endif

All the other packages - which are used for building - are identical.

There might be still some risk, but I've never seen any fallout from
this (which should be theoretically be 50% of such cases, i.e., where
the binaries in coreutils are good but those in the testsuite are not).

I think it's more risky that sometimes you have to mask a certain test
which does simply not work on OBS; and even others are just SKIPped
because the prerequisites on OBS are not met.

And finally, I'd rather like to be able to run some tests as root on OBS
to get more test coverage (yes, there are some special tests written to
be run as root), but this is a different story.

After all, I'm fine with the current splitting.

Have a nice day,
Berny