[opensuse-packaging] Re: A new home for python3 packages
Oliver Kurz-2 wrote
On Monday, 10 April 2017 04:47:09 CEST Luigi Baldoni wrote:
Hi,
I've noticed that some python3 packages I need are, in fact, python3-only
and that some other cannot be unified at the moment, if ever.

Also with the expectation of a mass-conversion d:l:p3 has been a tad
neglected
lately, so I was wondering if the packages above could be rehomed to
d:l:p.

Or perhaps it's too early?

The new python singlespec approach can support "python3-only" packages and
therefore the package should be able to find a home in d:l:p. See
https://en.opensuse.org/
openSUSE:Packaging_Python_Singlespec#Packages_for_single_Python_version
for details

Last time I tried it didn't work.
Also I refer to the "As of 2017-03-07, however, this is untested and
probably broken."
clause.

Has the problem been fixed, to your knowledge?

In any case, what to do about packages that can't be unified because they
are developed
elsewhere than d:l:p?

Regards