Re: [opensuse-packaging] python-singlespec with version specifier for BuildRequires
On 28.2.2017 12:00, Thomas Bechtold wrote:
On Tue, 2017-02-28 at 11:43 +0100, Thomas Bechtold wrote:
Hi Jan,

what should I do if I want to specify a minimum version for a
BuildRequires? Something like:

BuildRequires: python-six >= 1.9.0

It seems that %{python_module} does not handle this case.

Seems to be already fixed in git and devel:languages:python . Just not
yet in Factory.

the right way to spell requirements like this is %{python_module six >=
1.9.0}

there was a bug in the Factory definition that I only discovered
recently when a package broke :)
the Factory definition is already updated in prjconf so the resolver
should pull in the right dependencies; updated definition in
python-rpm-macros should appear in Factory soon.

and for the record, the standard compatibility shim should spell,
instead of:
%{?!python_module:%define python_module() python-%1 python3-%1}
should be:
%{?!python_module:%define python_module() python-%{**} python3-%{**}}

i'm in the process of putting all of this in the wiki

m.

< Previous Next >