Re: [opensuse-packaging] changing a sysconfig file on an update

On Friday 2017-01-27 15:27, Bernhard M. Wiedemann wrote:

On 2017-01-26 12:21, Jordi Massaguer Pla wrote:
we have this problem on the docker package that could be fixed by adding
a configuration option in /etc/sysconfig/docker ... However, I believe
it is not good practice to update configuration files .... is it?

if a new package breaks with certain old sysconfig values and
you are reasonably sure that nobody would want to keep those,

Then you should probably introduce a new variable, because you do not know
what programs still rely on the old one.