Re: [opensuse-packaging] changing a sysconfig file on an update
On 2017-01-26 12:21, Jordi Massaguer Pla wrote:
we have this problem on the docker package that could be fixed by adding
a configuration option in /etc/sysconfig/docker ... However, I believe
it is not good practice to update configuration files .... is it? Can I
just update the /adm/fillup-templates/sysconfig.docker and expect that
the %fillup_only macro will take care of that?

I think the normal behaviour of fillup is to add missing sections with
their default values
but leave the existing entries in /etc/sysconfig/foo as they are.

However, if a new package breaks with certain old sysconfig values and
you are reasonably sure that nobody would want to keep those,
it is probably possible and useful to update them in a %post section.

man fillup
shows something about a --exchange option that might be useful there

but then you would need to make sure that other user changes to that
option would not be lost then or later.