Re: [opensuse-packaging] how to avoid SUSE-Backports-policy-SLE-conflict

On Tue, 2017-01-17 at 11:23 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
On Tue, Jan 17, Marcus Meissner wrote:

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 11:04:07AM +0100, Scott Bahling wrote:
I believe this has been worked out with the maintenance team in
the meantime?

No.

There is no further action required. One has to override
rpmlint-backports-data anyway to build packages which have have
subpackages missing.

One idea I have had is to create an optional rpmlint with a much lower
badness to just warn when building packages that replace official SLE
packages for those project that want to build both packages eligible and
not eligible for submission to Backports in one project (think
devel:languages:*.

The repo in the project would need to be configured to pull in the
alternate rpmlint by adding another path to the repo definition.

Of course anyone wanting to submit packages from such a configured
project to the Backports project will need to take extra care that 1)
they aren't getting the rpmlint warning for the package(s) in question
and 2) the packages aren't dependent on others in the project that fail
the rpmlint checks. That can be done by simply branching the packages in
question from the devel project into a isolated project and testing the
buid there (with the strict rpmlint) before submitting to
openSUSE:Backports.

If you think this would be helpful, we can continue to look into such an
option.

-Scott