[opensuse-packaging] Need help with the failure of "build"
Hi, I've limited internet bandwidth so I can't use osc build, I normally survive with reading online build logs to find problems. Now I've a problem with kicad-docs where a dependency causes a failure but it passes on my local machine. To fix this I'm using "build" direct with my local /var/cache/zypp/packages and the dvd image as the main repos and the update and oss online repos for anything that's not cached.

I get a failure after the packages are downloaded when the system is supposed to be installed:

[ 73s] [1/29] preinstalling filesystem...
[ 73s] error: open of build-root/.init_b_cache/rpms/filesystem.rpm failed: No such file or directory
[ 73s] rpm2cpio: build-root/.init_b_cache/rpms/filesystem.rpm: No such file or directory
[ 73s] [2/29] preinstalling glibc...
[ 73s] /usr/lib/build/init_buildsystem: line 218: cd: build-root: No such file or directory

"build-root" is the buildroot specified by "--root build-root".

My command line is:

build --repo /var/cache/zypp/packages/ --repo /data/packages/RPMS/ --repo /mnt --repo ftp://ftp.up.ac.za/mirrors/opensuse/opensuse/update/leap/42.2/oss --repo http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/oss/suse/ --root build-root SPECS/kicad-doc.spec

My rpmbuild setup points to /data/packages which contains the SPECS, BUILDROOT etc directories due to my root filesystem being on one partition.

/etc/rpm/macros.local contains the lines:

%vendor "davepl@Arbuthnot"
%_topdir /data/packages

Thanks

Dave Plater