Re: [opensuse-packaging] What's the easiest way to find python script dependencies?

On 09/01/2017 11:51, Sebastian wrote:
Hi,

On 01/09/2017 10:33 AM, Dave Plater wrote:
Those are heavy weight tools,
I'm not sure how a simple file could be heavy weight tool.

You could just look how other tools, e.g. the already mentioned py2pack,
are doing it:
https://github.com/openSUSE/py2pack/blob/master/py2pack/requires.py
And you are not the first asking this question:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24236266/how-to-extract-dependencies-information-from-a-setup-py

Sebastian

I've posted another thread which maybe better explains what I'm looking for. I will certainly test drive setup.py next time I create a python package.
The script I refer to builds the html documentation for FlightGear and then gets deleted.
Thanks
Dave P