[opensuse-packaging] What can cause this script to fail in Factory/Tumbleweed.
I'm having a problem dvdisaster's bash-based-configure script where it checks for make. It fails in Factory but passes in 42.2 downwards. This is it:

# Check for tools
#

function REQUIRE_GMAKE()
{
if test -n "$cfg_help_mode"; then
return 0
fi

echo -n "Checking for gmake: "

if (gmake -v | grep "GNU Make") > /dev/null 2>&1 ;
then echo "yes"
echo "MAKE = `which gmake`" >>Makefile.config
return 0
fi;

if (make -v | grep "GNU Make") > /dev/null 2>&1 ;
then echo "yes"
echo "MAKE = `which make`" >>Makefile.config
return 0
fi;

echo "no"
echo "This package requires GNU make (gmake)."
exit 1;
}
The output of make -v is identical in Tumbleweed and 42.2 all I can think of is either bash or grep have changed. I worked around the problem by patching in "echo "MAKE = `which make`" >>Makefile.config" as an else statement but I'd love to know what is actually wrong.

Thanks

Dave P