Re: [opensuse-packaging] python single-spec progress, questions

On 10/29/2016 12:00 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:

I have numerous packages (20?) I maintain that are c libraries at
their core, but have python binding sub-packages. I'm slowly making
them have both python- and python3- sub-packages.

They currently live in security:forensics (and factory).

Will they be able to leverage the proposed new macros? Or do they
have to be moved to d:l:py?

Is it current policy they should be there already?

I also have 4 or 5 dual python app / python library packages
(python-dfVFS, etc.) and one pure python app (python-plaso).

My preference is to leave all of the above in security:forensics.

Greg

I had a similar situation with the efl (Enlightenment Foundation
Libraries) bindings which are much better left in the enlightenment
devel repo, I was also planning on using the macro's but given that
every known application that uses these bindings also uses python3 in
the end I just swapped them out directly. So I agree that it would be
ideal if the macro's become available everywhere.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adeliade Australia, UTC+9:30

List Navigation