Re: [opensuse-packaging] opensuse / SLE conditional logic?
On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 10:41:49 -0400
Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 9:10 AM, Darin Perusich <darin@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Greg,

I've created linkpac's for unresolvable packages for SLE_12* and
their dependencies, which will take some time to build. I think I
have all the ocaml deps linked, but we'll need to wait and see and
adjust as needed.
--
Later,
Darin

Great. Suricata is a pretty major package. I think it would be worth
the effort to get into SLE 12 SP2, but I know nothing about that
process.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Getting a package into the enterprise SLES is a much more complex
process which involves Product Management, many different Engineering
departments etc.

Where SLE12SP2 in the release cycle, it is way too late to add a
package to the distro.

Now I did have a look at Suricata and I can see this would be very
valuable to paying enterprise customers of SUSE. There is a
alternative called Package Hub. See: https://packagehub.suse.com

Call it a "soft opening", but expect a lot more noise about this around
the time of SUSECon in November.

Thanks,
Peter