Re: [opensuse-packaging] Extensions for specification of application binary/programming interfaces?
I wrote a review bot that compares abi changes in submit/maintenance
requests and complains if there are incompatibilities:
https://github.com/openSUSE/osc-plugin-factory/tree/master/abichecker

Does this approach depend on data from "DWARF debug information"?

It uses the abi-compliance-checker tool which maybe was not
necessarily the best choice, let's say it that way :-) It's not as
reliable as I had wished for so I so far hesiated to activate it for
Factory as is.

Would you like to share any more experiences?

Maybe it's worth investigating the use of libabigail for it at some point.

It seems that both approaches deal with XML files.
How similar are the involved data structures (or XML data type
definitions/schemas)?

Regards,
Markus