[opensuse-packaging] Re: Packaging good practices
On Fri 22 Jan 2016 04:57:35 PM CST, Zbigniew Reszela wrote:
<snip>

Hi
There are a number of packages that I build locally via osc (as in
use OBS package resources) that never appear in my home projects (as
in checked in), just reside as a generic package name on OBS and
disabled... I use a local repo to provide to my systems.... ;)

If I understand well, you have your openSUSE's build service account
hence you have the home project.
You have also defined the packages there. But you use the "osc build"
command to build the packages locally and upload the output packages to
your local repo.
Do you still need to go through the openSUSE's build service to update
the source?

Hi
No, it's all done locally, all that exists on OBS for example;
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:malcolmlewis/dummy_pkg

I actually use the one in my TESTING repo, which has repositories
added, but you can build against other projects via osc without them
being added.

I then move the built rpms to a local http server and use createrepo
command to update/add.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 SP1|GNOME 3.10.4|3.12.51-60.25-default