Re: [opensuse-packaging] Improving Maven support on openSUSE
  • From: Darin Perusich <darin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 10:14:37 -0500
You may want to include the Java:packages mailing list in this
discussion as well.
--
Later,
Darin

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Benjamin Denisart <p.drouand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone !

I recently asked to Andreas how I could help in maven support enhancement in
openSUSE and he suggested me to open a thread in the packaging maillinglist,
and in particular with people who have been in touch with Andreas about
maven.

Actually, I really need to get maven officially included in openSUSE, like
Java project maintainers I suppose.
I think we could begin by making the following things :
1. Doing a list of maven packages and dependencies we need to achieve Maven
inclusion
2. Doing a TODO list, like the one which has been done for the python >
python3 equivalent providing
4. Creating our own project we could be involving into
3. Assigning the tasks to volunteers.

What do you think about that ? I'm waiting for further ideas.

Regards.
Benjamin