Re: [opensuse-packaging] Extensions for specification of application binary/programming interfaces?

On Wednesday 2016-01-20 20:05, SF Markus Elfring wrote:

That however has nothing to do with grepping a list of all RPM provs
for the substring /api/.

Can certification mark duties evolve also around various software
libraries and their users?
Would anybody (besides me) like to reduce the difficulties for safe
dependency resolution a bit more by making the distinction between
the properties "application binary interface" and "application programming
interfaces consistent in specifications for some (or only popular)
software packages?

I suggest you cut the salesbabble, and come up with a *concrete* case
where the existing RPM mechanisms are insufficient, instead of making
up hypothetical blurry scenarios involving some unspecified packages
and interfaces.