[opensuse-packaging] Extensions for specification of application binary/programming interfaces?
Hello,

I have tried the following queries out on package information
which is available on my openSUSE Tumbleweed system at the moment.

elfring@Sonne:~> show_names() {
XY=$(zypper --terse search --match-words --provides "$1") && echo "$XY" |
tail --lines +$(($(echo "$XY" | grep --line-number --regexp=--+ | cut
--delimiter : --fields 1) + 1)) | cut --delimiter \| --fields 2
}
elfring@Sonne:~> show_names abi
abi-compliance-checker
gimp
llvm-clang
nodejs
php5
python-base
python3-base
ruby2.1
ruby2.2
vdr
elfring@Sonne:~> show_names api | wc -l
87

Does such a display indicate further possibilities for the specification
of details around the usage of application binary interfaces
and application programming interfaces?

How do you think to improve any product descriptions which are provided
(by RPM files for example) in different degree?

Would it make sense to clarify a kind of certification mark duty
for more software components?

Regards,
Markus