[opensuse-packaging] How to extend RPM Groups?
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 22:47:05 +0800
Hi,

My question is, where does openSUSE store its "official" RPM groups?

In raw rpm, it's in /usr/share/doc/packages/rpm/GROUPS, which hasn't
been changed since RH 9.

But openSUSE extends it a lot...we have many own groups...

I would like to know where I can find it, and how can I extend them.

eg: There're a lot of new desktop environments coming out during
recent years, like Cinnamon/Mate/LXQt...

They deserve their own RPM groups instead of landing in System/GUI/Other,
which make that tag a total mess in YaST software management.

Same happens to Devel/Lanaguages/Other too, now all of the Go/Nodejs
packages landing under that tag.

I just modified one or two of my packages to use a new group like:

Devel/Languages/Go, and I didn't see any rpmlint errors/warnings.

But I still want to know the official procedure to update RPM Groups
in openSUSE.

Thanks

Marguerite