Re: [opensuse-packaging] I'm having a problem building packages for openSUSE...
Hi Alan,

On Sat, Dec 05, 2015 at 09:11:55AM -0700, Alan Robertson wrote:
On 12/03/2015 08:38 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
03.12.2015 23:34, Alan Robertson пишет:
Hi Andrei,

Good point ;-). Thanks for reminding me.Not sure where my brain was... I
guess I was into wishful thinking - this was a known problem with a
simple workaround...
This is likely a common/known problem for people who use cmake and start
their RPM spec files working on that red distribution or one of its clones.

Apparently, on those distributions, they expect you to do the
mkdir+cd/pushd yourself - and SuSE does both for you.

But, it's now working quite nicely. The spec file is here:
https://github.com/assimilation/assimilation-official/blob/master/docker/CentOS6/assimilation-cma.spec

Create a project in the openSUSE Build Service (OBS) which pulls in the
assimilation-cma.spec via git automatically.

Thanks to your help, the next Assimilation release will provide openSUSE
13.2 and 42.1 RPMs.

How are you creating the packages? Have you consider to make use of the
OBS?

Unfortunately, I can't easily provide 13.1 releases (even though it's
been selected as long term) because there is no libsodium for 13.1.

*Is there any mechanism for requesting to have libsodium added to 13.1?
[or is it frozen?]*

All is possible and all you need to do is to file a maintenance request
against the openSUSE:13.1:Update OBS project.

And - for good measure, no one should be using or providing 1.0.0 of
libsodium due to a potentially fatal (crash) bug in the library. It's
quite unlikely to occur, but if if does, the client application will crash.

Which openSUSE versions make use of 1.0.0 and what should they use
instead?

Better is to point the libsodium maintainer(s) to the particular commit
which addresses the crash bug. Then it's quite easy to add the required
commit(s) to the existimg sources. That's the general rule. Sometimes
we even do minor version updates.

Cheers,

Lars
--