Re: [opensuse-packaging] Leap, %bcond_with and python?
On Tue, 2015-12-01 at 18:56 -0500, Greg Freemyer wrote:

- if I hard code "%bcond_without protobuf_python" then the python
bindings subproject is built.  In plain english, what does
%bcond_without mean?

Read it as 'Build conditionally without' - so only if somebody passes
--without to the build process, it will be built without. The default
behaviour is 'with' in this case.

- Is there some reason not to build the python bindings for Leap?

Likely that was a SLE thing that propagated and nobody saw it (SLE12 is
also version 1315)

I note the specfile from Factory has a different conditional, so just
pushing it to Leap would probably do the trick assuming this was just
an oversight.

Tight - on openSUSE the condition was correctly done to exclude SLE12,
but not Leap.

In any case, I'd file a bug so it can be properly tracked.. Submitting
the Factory version should be good enough, if that's indeed the only
difference.

Cheers,
Dominique