Re: [opensuse-packaging] systemd presets vs. package install order
В Tue, 16 Jun 2015 13:42:14 +0200 (CEST)
Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx> пишет:

Hello,

On Jun 16 13:21 Andrei Borzenkov wrote (excerpt):
On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx> wrote:

At least I don't know how to go back to "factory defaults"
for the actually running services with reasonable effort
(I do not want to manually check the dependencies
betwenn running services).

Current upstream systemctl got --now switch which disables *and*
stops service (respectively enables and starts) in one invocation.

One single service is no problem.
If one is disabled by default one can simply stop that one.

Dependencies between services seem to be a problem
(at least as far as I currently understand systemd).

When I had started service foo for a test and foo requires
service bar, then bar will also become running and I do not want
to manually check those dependencies to find out that stopping
only foo would be insufficient to go back to the state before.

I do not think this is possible at all, the same reason - there is no
way to know why service was started. I.e. even if service A Wants (or
Requires) service B does not mean service B was started *because*
service A was started.

Hmm ... theoretically

systemctl isolate multi-user.target

(or whatever default target is) should have the same effect as reboot -
it /should/ stop any service that would not be started if booting into
this target. Worth a try.