Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: systemd presets vs. package install order

Hello,

On Jun 15 12:46 Andreas Schwab wrote (excerpt):
Didn't it require %systemd_requires?
Any one that comes with a service file

I think we should keep RPM requirements as small as possible
because RPM requirements are hard dependencies that cannot
be cleanly skipped by the user.

Therefore RPM requirements should be only what is really
mandatory to let a software run at all.

Anything else should be RPM recommends so that it is
possible to install a minimal system cleanly.

I think the possibility to let systemd launch a software
via a systemd unit file is not mandatory.

Accordingly I think a package with a systemd unit file
may recommend systemd but should not require it.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)